The 41st Annual Newport International Boat Show takes place next week September 15-18, 2011. This popular boating extravaganza will feature new sailboats and powerboats, and thousands of products and services from both domestic and international exhibitors.
Among the exhibitors will be Sparkman & Stephens (find them in Tent A). Also Morris Yachts will have New Boat, Brokerage and Service teams on hand, in addition to displaying an M36 and a Morris 42 (Ocean Series). There will also be a private viewing of the M29, M36, and M42 on nearby docks. To schedule an appointment send an email to Morris Yachts.
Multiple waterfront facilities along America's Cup Avenue host the Show including Newport Yachting Center, Oldport Marine, Bannister's Wharf and Bowen's Wharf. All Show sites are accessible by land or by water taxi service. For more detailed information, visit the NIBS website. See below for show highlights.
- Got talent? The Newport International Boat Show will be one of the stops on a nationwide casting call for the upcoming motion picture 'Yacht Club.'
- Special Two-Day Marine Weather Course offered. Instructor: Lee S. Chesneau Classroom Location: 250 Thames Street, 3rd Floor, Newport, RI
- Newport will be chockablock full of world-class racing events taking place during the Newport International Boat Show, so start planning your accommodations now.
- The New York Yacht Club will host the Swan 42 World Invitational Cup, Sept. 15-19
- The 12 Metre North Americans will immediately follow the close of the Boat Show
- Puma’s Volvo Ocean Race Boat is currently being built at New England Boatworks in Portsmouth, RI. New England Boatworks is a NIBS exhibitor.
- Newport For New Products: The Show is the official venue for U.S. debuts of all new boats and boating products. This industry-wide promotion recognizes the best that’s being introduced for the 2012 model year at NIBS. Look for the red-and-blue balloons signifying new boats/products throughout the Show.
- Best-selling Nautical Authors Lin and Larry Pardey to Speak at Newport Show - Hosted by Blue Water Sailing Magazine. Exhibit space and seminars hosted by Blue Water Sailing Magazine. Newport Seminar Topics include:
-Storm Tactic - Friday, September 16th, 12:30 - 1:30 PM, Tent J
-Cost Control While you Cruise - Saturday, September 17th, 1:00 - 2:00 PM, Tent J
-Booth Location - Book Signing - Tent C - #45 & 46
- SAIL FOR PRIDE: 2011 Charity Partner - Just days after the 9/11 attack, a group of sailors led by Scott Murray, Mick Harvey and Brad Read founded the Sail For Pride Regatta to raise money to support the victims and their families. And indeed they succeeded in raising over $110,000.
Over the past nine years they have continued to raise money under the name Sail For Hope to reflect the RI state motto. From 2002 on, the funds were directed to support local Rhode Island charities. This year, being the 10th anniversary of 9/11, the name Sail For Pride will be brought back.
- Latitudes & Attitudes hosts the Show's first-ever Cruisers Party--all Boaters are invited. Join others with your same passion for boating, along with the exhibitors and industry folks, for a great evening of free pizza, beer, and soft drinks at the Lats & Atts Cruisers Party! Enjoy the music of The Eric Stone Band, live and in concert! Visit the Eric Stone website at www.boatsongs.com.
- Make Pink Your Color: PINK HEALS is touring the USA and will make a stop at NIBS. The Pink Heals Foundation is a national, non-profit organization committed to raising breast cancer awareness. You can help raise funds for various breast cancer support programs by purchasing t-shirts or other accessories such as dog bowls, stickers, mouse pads, etc., or make a monetary donation in the amount of your choice. 100% of the proceeds will go to Pink Heals.
- AL JARDINE. Following the close of the Boat Show on Sunday, September 18th - spend the evening at a concert with Al Jardine, founding member of the Beach Boys, and his Endless Summer Band. Boat show Exhibitors and Attendees - receive a boat show special offer of 10% off regular ticket prices. The Concert takes place at the International Tennis Hall of Fame front lawn courts.
Parking Made Easy
Purchase your show ticket and an Easton’s Beach Parking Pass in advance. Shuttle Service from the Easton’s Beach Parking Lot to the show is free and runs continuously from 8 AM to 8 PM all four days. Shuttle buses are handicapped accessible.