The Reserve at Lake Keowee, SC, recently celebrated the groundbreaking of its new Guest House Cottages neighborhood, a collection of retreat homes located in the heart of the community’s Village.
Plans for four Guest House Cottages were announced in December 2010. Within in a matter of weeks, at a time when real estate sales traditionally lag, three of the four Guest House Cottages on the market were sold.
Tucked among stately pine trees that border The Reserve’s Guest House--a six-suite, custom-built bed and breakfast style inn--these Mill Creek-designed cottages feature a post and beam construction, an open floor plan with vaulted ceilings, and an abundance of natural materials and natural light, giving them a much larger feel than their average 1,860 heated square feet.
Each cottage is actually 2,250 square feet when including a screen room with fireplace and various decks. The average price is $488,650. Request more information.
Guest House Cottages Features
- Mill Creek Post & Beam Design
- Approximately 1,800 sq. ft. Rustic Style Cottage
- Rough sawn wood siding with natural stone accents and cedar shake roof
- Located in The Reserve’s Village, adjacent to the Guest House, within easy walk to the Orchard House Clubhouse and all amenities
- Two floor plans, each with three bedrooms, including a generous master suite
- Spacious, open great room with vaulted ceilings and a bank of windows allowing for plenty of natural light
- Kitchen with custom cabinetry, granite counter tops
- Two natural stone fireplaces (in great room and on screened porch)
- Hardwood floors in all main living areas
- Laundry room, pantry storage and owner’s closet
- Screened porch with outdoor fireplace
- Professionally landscaped grounds maintained by the neighborhood association
- Rental program available through The Reserve’s club concierge services, including guest privileges to breakfast and evening wine and cheese served daily in the Guest House
The Guest House Cottages are a collaborative effort between The Reserve at Lake Keowee and Pyramid Construction, Inc., the builder and general contractor of the project. Led by Karl Knauff, an owner and resident of The Reserve at Lake Keowee since 2003, Pyramid Construction has more than a decade’s history building first-class facilities at The Reserve, including the community’s pool complex, tennis facilities, main gate Greeter’s Cottage, and halfway house on the Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course.
Two of the three sold Guest House Cottages will be completed this summer, on a six-month build schedule, while the third cottage will be completed in the early fall. Request more information.
About The Reserve at Lake Keowee
The Reserve spans 30 miles of shoreline on Lake Keowee with convenient access to Greenville, Asheville, and Clemson University, and more than $100 million in completed family amenities including a 200-slip Marina and Village Center, Guest House, Pool Complex and Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course.
The community has approximately 650 members from 30 different states. Members and their extended families—including parents, grandparents, children, and grandchildren – enjoy club privileges under the new, multi-generational Legacy Membership program.
The Reserve was created in 2000 by Greenwood Communities and Resorts, and features 3,900 acres in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains including 1,400 acres of parks, preserves, trails and green space. Homesites begin in the $100,000s. Request more information.