Rising home prices, job gains, and improvement in median incomes will drive the healthiest markets over the next year and a half, says Builder.com. To see the Top 20 Healthiest Markets in 2012, see below.
Builder.com works with Hanley Wood Market Intelligence to compile a list of the healthiest housing markets in the U.S., based on forward projections for the metrics that drive housing production--jobs, price appreciation, population growth and income growth.
The projections come from Moody's Economy.com. Moody's projects that building permit activity may double in some of the very hottest of these markets, as the long-awaited housing recovery takes hold.
We've added to this list GCH Network-featured golf and waterview communities that may benefit from these healthier markets. The benefit to you is a head's up that the prices you are seeing at these communities may soon be going up as the market improves and that now is the time to get your best value.
Top 20 Healthiest Housing Markets in the U.S.
1. Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington Minn.-Wisc. Health Index: 91.6
2. Fort Collins-Loveland, Colo. Health Index: 89.4
3. Salt Lake City, Utah Health Index: 88.9
Red Ledges, Heber City, 45 miles
4. Jacksonville, Fla. Health Index: 84.0
World Golf Village, St. Augustine, 39 miles
Glenmoor, St. Augustine
Grand Haven, Palm Coast, 62 miles
5. Miami-Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach, Fla. Health Index: 82.0
Boca Woods Country Club, Boca Raton, 45 miles
6. Charlottesville, Va. Health Index: 81.0
7. Colorado Springs, Colo. Health Index: 80.9
8. Oklahoma City, Okla. Health Index: 80.5
9. Bradenton-Sarasota-Venice, Fla. Health Index: 79.5
10. Denver, Colo. Health Index: 76.7
11. San Antonio, Texas Health Index: 76.3
12. Virginia Beach-Norfolk-Newport News, Va.-N.C. Health Index: 75.8
Colonial Heritage, Williamsburg, Virginia – 20.8 miles
Ford's Colony, Williamsburg, Virginia
Governors Land at Two Rivers, Williamsburg, Virginia
Greensprings West, Williamsburg, Virginia
Kiln Creek, Newport News, Virginia
Kingsmill, Williamsburg, Virginia
13. Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, D.C.-Va.-Md.-W.Va. Health Index: 74.7
Dominion Valley Country Club, Haymarket,
Regency at Dominion Valley, Haymarket, Virginia
14. Milwaukee-Waukesha-West Allis, Wisc. Health Index: 73.8
15. Richmond, Va. Health Index: 73.8
Viniterra, New Kent 28 miles
16. Lexington-Fayette, Ky. Health Index: 73.4
17. Kennewick-Richland-Pasco, Wash. Health Index: 73.1
Horn Rapids, Richland
18. Austin-Round Rock, Texas Health Index: 72.2
Barton Creek Resort & Spa, Austin, Texas
19. Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown, Texas Health Index: 72.1
20. Greeley, Colo. Health Index: 72
See the complete story at Builder.com.